CAM’s (Caritas AIDS Ministry) goals and objectives are supported by the following:
VISION: To provide a model of compassionate care and support services for the persons living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA) and their families so as to open a door of hope, uplift the dignity of infected persons, educate and motivate others to provide a helpful social environment for the affected population.
MISSION: Caritas AIDS Ministry believes in the dignity of the individual (patients, clients, and workers) and is committed to providing un-compromised, non-judgmental, and personalized service to the person living with HIV/AIDS and their family.
CORE VALUES: Services are underpinned by the following core values which are characteristics of CAM’s environment of care.
- Spirituality and Christian ethic
- Respect for the individual
- Independence, self-development, and empowerment
- Skillful care which strives for excellence
- Informed decision making for client/family
- Sense of belonging and community
- Partnership, networking, collaboration, and team spirit
Caritas AIDS Ministry GOALS:
- To provide affected communities with trained caregivers both professional and laypersons who are willing to provide comfort, compassion, support, and hands-on care to person living with AIDS and their families.
- To establish a facility with drop-in services and respite care for persons infected and affected by HIV/AIDS in a supportive environment.
- To assist young people in the neighbourhood and others to understand the implications of early sexual activity and its effects on personal development and the attainment of planned life goals, thereby reducing the impact of HIV infection on our population.
Contact CAM (Caritas AIDS Ministry) directly by email or call us at (868) 637-8689.